AGROPET is a PET monofilament for agricultural use, made using 100% polyester. AGROPET made its arrival among the products sold by Gruppo DP at the start of the 2000s, when the company decided to diversify its activities by expanding into the field of monofilaments for gardening and agricultural use.
The advantages of AGROPET
AGROPET offers numerous advantages, including:
- it is 6 times lighter and easier to manage than wire. Compared to wire, it is also easier to install;
- once installed, it maintains its initial tension thanks to its low elongation factor;
- it is not damaged by exposure to light and remains unaffected by both the cold temperatures of winter and the warm temperatures of summer;
- it does not overheat, which means that it does not ruin the plastic of the clamps and plastic covers. It does not damage plants due to frost;
- it does not oxidise or corrode, and is resistant to chemical products and fertilisers;
- it lasts 2-3 times longer than metallic lines;
- it avoids the possibility of lesions to animals and does not damage plants;
- it does not conduct electricity;
- it elongates less and absorbs less water and moisture than nylon lines.
The uses of AGROPET
AGROPET is designed for use in the construction of:
- Safety enclosures for livestock, instead of wire or nylon line;
- Hail-proof and wind-proof nets.